Friends of the Poor Walk 2020
Friends of the Poor Walk/Run 2020 - Saturday September 26, 2020
Please note: The health and safety of our community is paramount. Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, if the organizing committee deems that a physical walk/run and/or a pancake breakfast on September 26, 2020 is not advised, we will instead hold a "virtual" walk/run, with details for that further below. A decision will be announced at a later date.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, District Council of Rochester, MN will be hosting its seventh annual Friends of the Poor® Walk/Run:
- When: Saturday September 26, 2020; 8:30 am Registration; 9:00 am Run starts; 9:05 am Walk starts
- Where: Church of the Resurrection, 1600 11th Avenue SE, Rochester, MN 55904 (For parking, please enter by the south entrance off 11th Avenue SE. Please avoid 16th Street SE.)
Register to walk/run online:
Please click here to register to walk/run in the event.
Donate to the event online:
Please click here to donate to the event.
Please click here for the official event web page on the SVdP National web site.
Details of a "virtual" walk/run:
In the event that a physical walk/run and/or a pancake breakfast are not advised, we will instead hold a "virtual" walk:
- Registration, pledging and donating will all take place online.
- Click here to register online as a participant.
- Click here and scroll to "Find a Walker" or "Find a Team" to find a registered walker or team to donate a pledge online.
- Click here to donate online to the event.
- All participants are requested to say a prayer in support of all our friends in need at 9:00 a.m. Saturday September 26, 2020.
- As a sign of solidarity and unity, each participant will walk or run in their own neighborhood starting at 9:05 a.m. Saturday September 26, 2020. Any walk or run length is acceptable, but the recommended distance is 5K (3.1 miles). It should take about 60 minutes to complete the walk.
- Each participant is asked to have their sponsors or donors contribute online via the personal pledge page that is created during registration.
- While our preference is for donations to be made online, if the donors are inclined to instead to send a check, please make the check payable to: The Society of St Vincent de Paul, and include the name of the walker or team in the "Memo" line of your check. Please mail the check to: The Society of St Vincent de Paul, c/o 1313 Northway Lane NE, Rochester MN, 55906.